Hi friends! I’m currently sitting in the airport waiting to board my plane! This morning started very early for a quick workout with Mike! A wake up call in the 4 o’clock hour was rough!
We both got in quick and efficient workouts! I’m glad I started my day on a healthy note! We were back and showered and ready to leave for the airport before 7!!! Caffeinated too!
It’s going to be a long travel morning but were excited to be there! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Twitter for up to the minute updates!
See you from Vegas, baby! :-)
I am back again with another post documenting what I ate Wednesday! Are you joining in on the fun??
I need more veggies, it is a repeated statement here! My eats from Monday are seriously lacking in color! All I see are shades of brown. Ew! I keep saying this, but my goal this week, especially on vacation is to eat the rainbow and less of the monotones!
Breakfast on Monday was a delicious bowl of oatmeal topped with almond butter. Trader Joe’s knows the way to my heart. Peanut butter and now almond butter are the key!!
For lunch, I had a taco mash! I had quinoa, fat free refried beans, fajita style peppers and onions, a sprinkle of lite Mexican shredded cheese, and lots of salsa! This comes out like a casserole and I love it!
Dinner was more protein and more brown! I topped my plate with shredded pork from a loin cooking in the crockpot with 2 fried eggs. Little bit of leftover Easter green bean casserole! So gooey and so good!
I am glad with all the protein I ate, but I know I need to spice up my nutrient content with more fruits a veggies! I did have a banana with breakfast as per usual but I definitely need to add more variety- as Tony Horton would say… “variety is the spice of life!”
What have you eaten lately?
This year for my family’s Easter celebration, I was responsible for dessert. I searched high and low for the perfect recipe on Pinterest and finally found the most festive and fun recipe here! Cake bites were the perfect match! Colorful, tasty, and indulgent!
I followed the recipe Tracey laid out closely! I doubled the recipe as I had 2 Easter celebrations this year!! :)
- 1 baked funfetti cake
- 1 container vanilla frosting
- 1 pound of candy melts (variety of colors)
- Multi-colored sprinkles
- Bake cake as directed on box. When in doubt, add sprinkles!
- Once cake has cooled, break into small pieces and smash (technical term) with the container of frosting. This will form a paste.
- With a tablespoon, scoop the cake mixture into balls. You will then line a baking sheet with wax paper and place the cake balls onto this so that they do not touch. Cover and freeze for about 20 minutes so that they harden enough so as not to melt when you coat them.
- Next, melt the candies in the microwave for about 2 minutes, stir frequently!!
- The final step is the tricky part! Roll the frozen cake balls into the candy melts with a fork. Let the excess melts drip off as you remove them from the bowl. Place back on to the wax paper coated baking sheet and let air dry. Feel free to sprinkle on more sprinkles as before they harden completely!
- These set up pretty quickly so be sure to add the sprinkles fast!
These are very fun but are quite a process to make. Be sure you allow enough time for each step! This is a messy project too, but maybe that was just me! :)
I stored these cake bites in the refrigerator overnight and served them the next day. They were a total hit and were perfect for Easter since they looked like Easter eggs! Everyone enjoyed them!
Hi friends! Did you have a nice Easter weekend? We were busy but were lucky to see a lot of family! Saturday we spent the day with my parents celebrating Easter and Sunday we went to Virginia with Mike’s family to visit with his grandparents! I’m so glad we were able to see everyone!!!
This is a short week for me but I did manage to meal plan!
L: taco mash
W: elliptical and Jillian Michael’s kettle bell DVD
B: breakfast scramble
L: taco mash
D: confetti mac and cheese
W: bike and yoga meltdown DVD
B: breakfast scramble
L: confetti mac and cheese
W: elliptical and legs and abs circuit
Thursday: Vegas baby!
As you can see I’m heading to Vegas this week for vacation! I’m so excited! Mike and I are going with my family and we are so looking forward to some fun and sun! Hopefully we will come home winners!
This week is all about packing, planning, and tying up loose ends before we leave!
Mike and I have checked out the fitness center in our hotel and plan on getting in some workouts! We like to stay active on vacation so we can enjoy the treats that always seem to surround us! Plus I’m super excited to try In and Out Burger! :-)
TGIfreakingFriday! Haha! How are you today? I am super excited to have no plans tomorrow! I have a lot to get done around the house before vacation so I want to be as productive as possible!
Tonight I am having a girls night with my friend! Remember the bride from last weekend? So excited! :)
Tomorrow- errands, yoga, and Easter with my family. I am also super excited for a quiet night in with Mike!
Sunday- Easter- going to Virginia to visit with Mike’s family and grandparents! I am excited!
This week, I had a full week of great workouts! Check them out!
Monday: Body Pump
Tuesday: 30 minutes on the elliptical plus some abs and arms while watching last week’s Scandal in the evening!
Wednesday: 35 minutes of hills on the stationary bike, plank work and stability ball abs
Thursday: 30 minutes on the elliptical and Jillian Michael’s Yoga, modified to work with my wonky foot :)
Friday: 10 minutes on the elliptical and 12 minutes of Tabata on the bike, lower body workout
I am very sore this week. I am glad I was able to introduce a lot more cardio, but I want to keep strength training a focus. I want it to be the majority of my workout and I need some motivation to keep it coming. I need more body pump in my life!
What do you do to keep strength training a star in your workouts??
Another week is winding down here! How has yours been? Mine has been nice! :)
I am here today with some thoughts that have been going through my mind lately, feel free to add some of your own in the comments section!
I want today to be like a coffee talk among friends, lets get the dialogue rolling!
1. How am I leaving for my Vegas vacation 1 week from today? I have so much to do and so little time! I need to make a packing list ASAP! Do any of you do that? I plan a rough idea of my outfits and accessories that I will wear while on vacation to keep the over packing at bay! :)
2. I miss the gym. I did a drop in body pump class Monday night and modified it to what I could do in terms of my recovery from surgery. I was able to do the majority of the workout but I had to switch a lot up from the lunge track. It worked either way and the instructor didn’t mind! I am planning on joining a gym with only classes in early May. With the nice weather approaching, I am seeing a lot of walks and fitness DVD’s in my future. I don’t need to go back to belonging to 2 gyms!
3. I cannot believe Easter is this weekend! I have a fun idea for a new dessert recipe I am making! Get ready to see it Tuesday! :)
4. Do you guys have any suggestions for protecting my scar on my foot? I don’t want it to burn in Vegas but I also don’t want to wear a mega band aid the entire time.
5. I am contemplating buying St. Tropez self tanner for a wedding in May. Have you ever tried it? Should I save money and just get a spray tan?
6. I really want to try to curl my hair more. It is kind of short right now so I need to practice and get creative with the length it currently is! I can only ever get one side to do what I want! HA! :)
What are you thinking about today?
Hi guys, as many of you know I love working out on my lunch break! It breaks up the day, the gym is free, and it encourages me to get in an efficient workout!
I designed his workout with quality over quantity in mind last week. It incorporates ab work as well as your legs! Plus, you can finish it in 20 minutes! I started this with 20 minutes of cardio on the bike but you could go for a short run or even do the elliptical!
Superset lower body and abs workout!
Alternate 3 sets of ten of each workout:
- Squats/stability ball crunches
- Dead lifts/ reverse crunches
- Sumo squats/bicycle crunches
- Bridges/ v-sits
- 1 minute wall sit
- 1 minute plank
- Standing crunches
- Alternating side leg raises
I hope you guys like this workout! It left me sore! That’s the best feeling!
I missed getting quality workouts like this in during the day! The endorphins are invigorating!